Harrison High Potency Coarse
Year-round formula for all medium to large parrots, especially African greys, cockatoos, large conures, eclectus, macaws and pionus. Other species may be switched to Adult Lifetime Formula after a 6 month conversion period.
- Conversion: All birds should start out and remain on High Potency Formula for a period of at least 6 months.
- Special needs: For birds that are molting, overweight, underweight, particularly active, housed in a cold climate, recovering from an illness or affected by liver or kidney disease.
- Weaning Birds: Feed High Potency Formula for at least 6-9 months.
- Breeding Birds: Birds should be fed High Potency Formula 1-2 months prior to the breeding period and until chicks are weaned or for at least six months before resuming Adult Lifetime Formula. The amount of supplemental certified organic vegetables and fruits may be increased until the chicks are weaned. For each 2 Tbs (20 g) formula, add ½ Tbs (5 g) certified organic peanuts or almonds and 1Tbs (10 g) certified organic sunflower seeds.
- Storage: Harrison's Bird Foods do not contain artificial preservatives. Once opened, a bag of Harrison's should be used up within 6 weeks. Storing food in fridge or freezer helps maintain freshness. Note "use before" dating printing on bag.
- feed fresh food daily, do not "top off".
- to help reduce waste, feed as distinct meals.
- birds may eat all they want, but use the table below as a guideline.
It is not recommended to supplement with vitamins or other bird or animal food products. Supplementation should be limited to no more than 10% of the overall diet. Offer certified organic vegetables and fruits in small quantities; select dark yellow meaty or dark green leafy items such as sweet potatoes, carrots, pumpkin, winter squash, broccoli, parsley, spinach, mango or papaya.
[For birds with suspected iron-storage disease: Avoid citrus fruits, tomatoes, kiwi, strawberries and other foods containing vitamin C. Avoid grapes, currants, raisins, liver, red meat, egg yolk or dark green vegetables such as spinach, which may contain high levels of iron.
*Sunflower Kernels, *Hull-less Barley, *Soybeans, *Peas, *Peanut Kernels, *Lentils, *Corn, *Brown Rice, *Toasted Oat Groats, *Alfalfa, *Psyllium, Calcium Carbonate, Bentonite, Mixed Tocopherols (source of Vitamin E), *Sea Kelp, Salt, *Algae Meal, Vitamin/Mineral Supplement (Vitamin A Palmitate, Vitamin D3 Supplement, dl-Alpha Tocopheryl Acetate, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Riboflavin Supplement, d-Calcium Pantothenate, Niacin, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Biotin, Thiamine Mononitrate, Folic Acid, Zinc Sulfate, Manganese Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Sodium Selenite, Calcium Carbonate and *Sunflower Oil)
*CERTIFIED ORGANIC INGREDIENT
Guaranteed Analysis: Crude protein (min.) 18%, crude fat (min.) 15%, crude fiber (max.) 6.5%, moisture (max.) 10%.