Harrison Pepper Lifetime Coarse
USES AND STORAGE
- Pepper Lifetime formula may be offered after a bird has completed a dietary program of a High Potency formula for a period of 6 months.
- This year-round maintenance formula meets the nutritional requirements for healthy, non-breeding, non-molting birds including pionus, Amazons, cockatoos, macaws and other medium to large parrots.
- A spicy alternative to Adult Lifetime Coarse Formula.
- May be added to High Potency to add in diet conversion.
- May be offered to birds with clinical signs of papillomatosis.
- May be used as a foraging treat.
- Storage: Harrison's Bird Foods do not contain artificial preservatives. Once opened, a bag of Harrison's should be used up within 6 weeks. Storing food in fridge or freezer helps maintain freshness. Note "use before" dating printing on bag.
- feed fresh food daily, do not "top off"
- to help reduce waste, feed as distinct meals.
- birds may eat all they want, but use the table below as a guideline.
It is not recommended to supplement with vitamins or other bird or animal food products. Supplementation should be limited to no more than 10% of the overall diet. Offer certified organic vegetables and fruits in small quantities; select dark yellow meaty or dark green leafy items such as sweet potatoes, carrots, pumpkin, winter squash, broccoli, parsley, spinach, mango or papaya.
[For birds with suspected iron-storage disease: Avoid citrus fruits, tomatoes, kiwi, strawberries and other foods containing vitamin C. Avoid grapes, currants, raisins, liver, red meat, egg yolk or dark green vegetables such as spinach, which may contain high levels of iron.